Saturday, January 01, 2011

November Rain by Debbie Gould

Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I am an avid reader and reviewer. I am always reviewing something. Well, this is the first day of 2011 and I made myself one promise. The very first book I read in the New Year is going to be for me. So going through the thousands (not an exaggeration) of books I had, I picked a book that had already been reviewed on our review site, You Gotta Read Reviews, thus guaranteeing that I wouldn't write a review. This book happened to be from one of my favorite authors of all time, Debbie Gould.
Please, how can I possible NOT do a review on a book that is as exceptional as this?

I fell in love with her work when I first read Mountain's Echo (Book one) and then Infidelity (Book 2). It might have been the other way around, I can't really remember but what I took from it was the love of a new author. I am anxious to read Betrayal (Book 3) and Sins of the Mind (Book 4). This review is on November Rain (Book 5). It doesn't matter what book you pick up and in what order, you are guaranteed an action packed and sensual read. If you'd like to check out her site, here is the link to her site. While you are there, check out her blog. Debbie Gould is one of the funniest authors I know and I chuckle each time I read her blog. With all of that being said, here is the review for Book 5, November Rain. Even though I promised myself that I wouldn't review it, it's on my personal review blog so it doesn't count as me reviewing it. I like to look at it as verbalizing my thoughts and sharing it with my web wide friends. ;)

Blurb:
Jessica Kauffman says goodbye to her husband Tyler—again. He’s been deployed to Afghanistan , this time to fight in the war. Their attempts to have a baby unsuccessful, Jessica remains home alone…but that isn’t strictly true. Through a unique bond, she connects with Tyler in their dreams, seeing, touching, and being with him.

After finding out some precious news, Jessica’s world is soon turned upside down, plunging her into a nightmare. Tyler ’s plane has gone down, and the search is on to find him—dead or alive.

Frightened for her future, she keeps the faith that Tyler will come back, believing their love is the key to his return. But will the Search and Rescue team find Tyler and bring him back home, or will Jessica have to face the rest of her life raising his child alone?

Review:
With the world we live in today, this is a book that NEEDS to be read. Detailing the reactions of Tyler and Jessica, who are dealing with being separated due to war, this book really hits home. The descriptive scenes in November Rain brings the seriousness of war to life. Tyler and Jessica have that once in a lifetime kind of love that we all hope we can experience at some point in our lives. Throughout the story the strong bond between these two is evident. I don't want to give too much of this story away but when you read Tyler's email to Jessica about a piece of important news, you will know what I mean. I teared up myself and I'm just the reader. The one part I loved about this book was the dream connection that Tyler and Jessica had. While the main story in the book almost took your breath away, any fear was eased when they were able to communicate through their dreams.

Ms. Gould writes with such intensity and knowledge of military life. A strong writer can always make their reader feel what the character is feeling. Ms. Gould does this and so much more. Usually I would say which book I love most from a particular author, but it is impossible when we're talking about Debbie Gould. Each book is just as good as the book before. I strongly suggest that you buy this book and I'll even give you the link to where you can buy it. It's from Red Rose Publishing and the ebook is even on sale right now at only $1.50. Here is the buy link. If Print books are your thing, here is the buy link to the print version of the book. November Rain is worth every penny you would spend on buying it. It truly is an OUTSTANDING read.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Val!!!! What a beuatiful review! I cannot thank you enough, your words mean a lot to me. I wrote this story while my daughter was statoned over in Afghanistan, so it is very close to my heart.
    Thank you once again!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments and so would our authors.