Saturday, October 29, 2011

Charity by Anne Holly


Blurb:
Charity Miller has spent her whole life in an urban island surrounded by the wilds of Montana where she’s never ventured too far from her plans. But when she heads into the Big Snowy Mountains to square a land deal one chilly November, her normally-professional self fades away. Maybe it’s the mountain air or finally quitting her diet. Or maybe it’s “real-live-cowboy” Joshua Rollings and his many attractions that has her off balance.

Whatever it is, this Thanksgiving could give her a reason to be thankful for the rest of her life.

Review:
What do you get when you combine a tall cowboy with to die for good looks and one very independent real estate agent? Hotness that's what! I instantly fell in love with Charity's character. She was the city girl with a no nonsense attitude. Joshua was the type of character I love to read about. The tall brooding cowboy with a sentimental streak won me over the moment I was introduced to him. The pull between Joshua and Charity was intense with sparks flying between the two the entire story. If I set aside the fact that these two characters lit the pages on fire, one element that impressed me was the medical angle. I don't want to give away that part of the story but by addressing the medical issues surrounding Joshua's mother, another layer was subtly added to the story.

What a perfect way to get in the holiday spirit. With compelling characters and steamy love scenes, I found Charity to be a page turner. I have never read anything by Ms. Holly in the past and thoroughly enjoyed this quick read. I would have loved to see Charity in full novel length. If you are looking for a fun filled novella to read on your lunch break, I highly recommend buying this book. It will definitely put you in the Thanksgiving mood! This author has now become an automatic add to my "to be read" list.

Buy Charity here

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments and so would our authors.