Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Life As A Dog by Mike and Cynthia Arsuaga


Blurb:
Drake Martin is a unique shape shifter. Instead of transforming into a ferocious animal, he morphs into an eight pound Yorkshire terrier. Six year old Kady Hartley rescued him from an animal shelter. As "Precious" he was her "bestest friend" for twelve years, leaving when she started college. Ten years later they cross paths.
He’s a PI; she’s FBI. Continuing to keep his abilities secret from her, he follows Kady as she pursues a case. Accompany them on an odyssey to New Orleans investigating human traffickers and watch the fur fly. To protect Kady, Drake remains in the shadows. For her sake he puts aside his loner life and accepts protection and assistance of the local shifter pack under its leader, the Sufi. The pack and Drake soon discover they have a common cause, leading to a bloody confrontation with the Russian human traffickers.

During the adventure, will Drake and Kady rekindle their loving friendship or will it become much more?

Review:
After reading the very last sentence on the very last page, my first reaction is WOW. I say this for a couple of reasons. First, I am not ordinarily a shifter reader and second, how in the world can a shifter who turns into a Yorkie be sexy? This is where the "wow" factor comes in. Never have I read a book that has thrown my preconceptions out the window as this book has. Very early in the book, the first shifter scene actually, it is evident how being able to turn into a cute little dog works to Drake's advantage. His reaction to what he turns into was priceless and made me laugh out loud. A very important part of the book is the beginning. Although the pacing does seem a little slow at first, this is where the foundation lies for the rest of the book. No worries though, when the book does pick up, it is a very fast paced action packed book.

Drake Martin and Kady Harley have a relationship like none I've ever read before. It was fascinating how Mike and Cynthia Arsuaga have developed these two characters in such a tender way. They are able to bond in a way a normal couple never can. The loyalty that Drake shows toward Kady touched my heart and made me just want to say awwwww. As the book develops, so does the relationship between these two exciting and funny characters. The heat level between Drake and Kady soars and I'm more than surprised that my book didn't spontaneously combust! I am a die hard romantic suspense reader who loves humor sprinkled throughout the pages of whatever it may be that I am reading. My Life as a Dog had me laughing out loud at moments and holding my breath at others. This is, hands down, a book that captured my attention and kept it there.

I would like to tell Mike and Cynthia Arsuaga BRAVO! It is not very often that I can say a book changed my opinion about an entire genre. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in paranormal romance. Please keep in mind that some scenes are very erotic and may offend those who aren't interested in erotic. Otherwise, I suggest you run out and buy this book. Read at your leisure because you don't want to miss one thing. I enjoyed my time spent reading My Life as a Dog and look forward to reading more from these authors.

Buy My Life As A Dog here

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments and so would our authors.